One Saturday or Sunday morning every month at 9am, the chapterhouse get its monthly cleaning & dusting just in time for the following Wednesday's dinner meeting. Those who want to help the chapter put on its freshest face for the next month, especially those who need work hours, have a golden opportunity just a few days away.
Bring your "favorite" cleaning gloves and comfortable clothes for some mopping, dusting, cleaning, & dusting.
This time of year, it's especially important to get the inside of the chapter looking sparkly, as we all socialize more inside in the cold weather.
One of the chapter's senior members will be there to unlock the front gate & open the chapterhouse for prospective members who don't have their own access yet.
Customarily, members who stay for the entire cleanup get a full three hours toward their annual work requirement.
Tasks generally include:
- Cleaning both bathrooms top-to-bottom
- Wiping down surfaces in chapter kitchen & member kitchen
- Cleaning all kitchen sinks & sink trap
- Cleaning & organizing bar sink, bar top, & bar area
- Mopping kitchens, bar, bathrooms, entry and in front of bar
- Dust-mopping chapterhouse floor & BOG room
- Dusting window frame, mantels, and BOG room
- Cleaning chapterhouse windows inside & out
- Polishing the BOG room floor
- In cold weather, we clean the ashes/debris from the fireplaces
- In warm weather, we also attack the chairs, tables, & concrete on the porches
Don't let this list daunt you !!!! With a good crew, we have finished this list well before noon.
We hope to see you there @ 9am!
(There is usually a pot of hot coffee by 9:15 ...)
B-CC IWLA Chapterhouse Committee