Chapterhouse Cleanup (Closed 9am-noon)
Get 3 Volunteer Hours & Help get the Chapterhouse in Order !!!
I will be there early to make coffee at 8:30am
Bring your own mug (BYOM) !!!
Saturday, September 14th @ 9am, the chapterhouse will be CLOSED until NOON for its monthly cleaning & dusting just in time for the following Wednesday's dinner meeting. Those who want to help the chapter put on its freshest face for the next month, especially those who need work hours, have a golden opportunity just a few days away
Bring your "favorite" cleaning gloves and comfortable clothes for some mopping, dusting, and cleaning
This time of year, we need to take a deep-dive into the interior of the chapterhouse, given all the rain & mud from hunting & hiking
One of the chapter's senior members will be there to unlock the front gate and open the chapterhouse for prospective members who don't have their own access yet
Please call 301.252.8825 if you find yourself stranded at the gate. If I do not answer, please try the chapterhouse telephone # itself: 301.972.8913
Members who stay for the entire cleanup get three hours toward their annual work requirement. This can be adjusted at the discretion of the Membership Secretary and/or the chapter-member hosting this cleanup
Every month, we generally:
- Dust-mop the chapterhouse floor
- Wax & buff the Boardroom floor
- "Swiffer" the ceiling fan blades (ladder required)
- Dust structural beams in chapterhouse main room
- Dust the punched-tin chandeliers
- Clean both bathrooms top-to-bottom
• Clean urinals, toilets, and shower stall
• Clean mirrors (polish w/ dry towel)
• Refill hand-soap dispensers
• Restock hand towels & toilet paper
• Empty trash cans, replace liners, place extra liners underneath
• Mop the bathroom floors, hallway, and member kitchen
- Wipe-down surfaces in chapter kitchen & member kitchen
- Clean & dry all kitchen sinks & sink trap
- Clean and organize bar sink, bar top, and bar area
- Mop kitchens, bar, bathrooms, entry and in front of bar
- Dust window frame, mantels, and BOG room
- Clean and polish (with a dry towel) chapterhouse windows inside & out
- Replace chapter HVAC filters (20x25)
- Check / replace water filter in utility closet
- Replace light bulbs (inside & out)
- Polish the BOG room floor
- Sweep the front, back, and side porches
- Clean, bleach, and dry the outdoor dog-water bowls
- In cold weather we usually clean out the 2 fireboxes
- In warm weather, we also attack the chairs, tables, and concrete on the porches
Please help wrap up the cleanup by policing cloths, cleaning products, brooms, mops, and unlocked doors - your extra effort is greatly appreciated by the cleanup hosts!
Don't let this list daunt you !!!!
With a good crew, we have finished this list well before noon.
We hope to see you there: Saturday @ 9am!
(There is usually a pot of hot coffee by start time ...
bring your travel/work mug)
B-CC IWLA Chapterhouse Committee